Collecting as a Pastime: A Guide to the Art and Joy of Collecting by Charles Rowed
Collecting as a Pastime Book by Charles Rowed
Do you have a hobby of collecting things? Do you enjoy finding and acquiring rare and valuable items? Do you want to learn more about the history and culture of different objects? If you answered yes to any of these questions, then you might be interested in reading Collecting as a Pastime, a book by Charles Rowed.
Collecting as a Pastime is a book that was published in 1912 and written by Charles Rowed, a Canadian lawyer and collector. The book is a personal and practical guide to the art and joy of collecting, based on Rowed’s own experience and passion. The book covers various topics, such as the reasons and benefits of collecting, the types and categories of collectibles, the methods and sources of finding and buying them, and the ways and tips of displaying and preserving them.
Check out Henry the Fifth by Alfred John Church Click here…
The book is not only informative, but also entertaining and inspiring. The book is full of anecdotes, stories, and examples from Rowed’s own collection, as well as from other famous and notable collectors. The book also showcases some of the most interesting and valuable items that Rowed collected, such as grandfather clocks, old furniture, pewter, brass, copper, mortars, pottery, china, horse amulets, Sheffield plate, and silver. The book also reveals some of the secrets and mysteries behind some of the items, such as the pewter pot and the mystery piece, and the five hundred diamonds.
If you are looking for a book that will teach you and delight you, Collecting as a Pastime is the one for you!
Check out American Men of Action by Burton Egbert Stevenson Click here…
Why You Should Read Collecting as a Pastime
There are many reasons why you should read Collecting as a Pastime, but here are some of the main ones:
- It is a classic of the collecting genre. Collecting as a Pastime is one of the earliest and finest examples of the collecting genre, and it influenced many later writers and collectors, such as Arthur Conan Doyle, H.G. Wells, and Bernard Shaw. The book is considered a masterpiece of style and substance, as it combines clear and elegant prose, with rich and detailed content. The book is also a valuable source of information and inspiration, as it provides a comprehensive and insightful overview of the art and joy of collecting.
- It is a fun and fascinating read. Collecting as a Pastime is a book that will keep you engaged and entertained from the first page to the last. The book is full of humor, charm, and personality, as Rowed shares his opinions and experiences with a witty and friendly tone. The book is also full of curiosity and wonder, as Rowed introduces you to a world of diverse and delightful objects, each one with its own story and significance. The book is also full of surprises and discoveries, as Rowed reveals some of the secrets and mysteries behind some of the items, and challenges you to find and appreciate them yourself.
- It is a rewarding and enriching read. Collecting as a Pastime is a book that will teach you and enrich you in many ways. The book will teach you about the history and culture of different objects, and how they reflect the times and places they came from. The book will also teach you about the skills and knowledge required for collecting, such as how to identify, evaluate, and acquire items, and how to care for and display them. The book will also enrich you emotionally and intellectually, as it will stimulate your imagination, creativity, and curiosity, and inspire you to pursue your own passion and interest.
Check out Footprints of Famous Men: Designed as Incitements to Intellectual Click here…
FAQs About Collecting as a Pastime
Here are some of the most frequently asked questions about Collecting as a Pastime and their answers:
- Who is Charles Rowed? Charles Rowed was a Canadian lawyer and collector, who was born in 1856 and died in 1929. He was a prominent and respected figure in the legal and social circles of Toronto, where he practiced law and served as a judge. He was also an avid and enthusiastic collector, who amassed a large and impressive collection of various items, such as clocks, furniture, pewter, brass, copper, mortars, pottery, china, horse amulets, Sheffield plate, and silver. He wrote several books and articles about his collection and his hobby, such as Collecting as a Pastime, which was his most famous and popular book.
- What is the pewter pot and the mystery piece? The pewter pot and the mystery piece are two of the most intriguing and mysterious items that Rowed collected and wrote about in his book. The pewter pot is a small and plain pot that Rowed bought for a few cents at an auction, without knowing its origin or value. The mystery piece is a small and ornate piece of metal that Rowed found inside the pot, after he accidentally dropped it and broke it. The mystery piece has a strange and intricate design, with symbols and letters that Rowed could not decipher. Rowed spent years trying to find out the meaning and history of the piece, but he never succeeded. He speculated that it might be a relic of some ancient or secret society, or a token of some hidden treasure, or a clue to some unsolved mystery. He invited his readers to join him in his quest, and offered a reward to anyone who could solve the puzzle.
- Where can I read Collecting as a Pastime? Collecting as a Pastime is a public domain book, which means you can read it for free online or download it to your device. You can find it on various websites, such as:
- Project Gutenberg: This is a volunteer effort that aims to digitize and preserve cultural works. You can read Collecting as a Pastime online or download it in various formats, such as HTML, EPUB, or Kindle.
- Internet Archive: This is a digital library that offers free access to millions of books, movies, music, and more. You can read Collecting as a Pastime online or download it in various formats, such as PDF, EPUB, or Kindle.
- Google Books: This is a service that allows you to search and preview millions of books from libraries and publishers worldwide. You can read Collecting as a Pastime online or download it as a PDF file.
Collecting as a Pastime is a classic collecting book by Charles Rowed that you should not miss. It is a fun and fascinating book that will teach you and delight you. It is a book that will appeal to readers of all ages and tastes, as it offers a mix of information, entertainment, and inspiration. If you are looking for a book that will introduce you to the art and joy of collecting, Collecting as a Pastime is the one for you!