Dalrymple’s Equation: A Sci-Fi Adventure with a Mathematical Twist
Dalrymple’s Equation Book by Paul W. Fairman
Have you ever wondered what would happen if you could change the world with a simple equation? What if you could bend the laws of physics, alter the course of history, and outsmart your foes with a few symbols and numbers? That is the premise of Dalrymple’s Equation, a short story by Paul W. Fairman that was published in 1956 in the magazine Imagination.
Paul W. Fairman was a Scottish-Canadian writer and journalist who wrote in various genres, but he is best known for his science fiction and detective stories. He was also the editor of several magazines, including Amazing Stories and Fantastic. He was a friend of Arthur Conan Doyle, the creator of Sherlock Holmes, and he often used humor and satire in his works.
Check out The Hunter’s Lodge Case: A Classic Mystery by Agatha Christie Click here…
Dalrymple’s Equation is one of his most popular and original stories. It features a protagonist who is not a human, but an alien from a distant planet. His name is Dalrymple, and he is a mathematical genius who has discovered a secret equation that can alter reality. He uses this equation to escape from his home planet, where he is wanted for treason, and to travel across the galaxy, where he encounters various adventures and dangers.
The story is a mix of science fiction, humor, and mathematics. It explores the idea of what mathematics can do and how it can affect the world. It also pokes fun at some of the cliches and stereotypes of the sci-fi genre, such as the evil empire, the space pirates, the exotic planets, and the alien races. It is a light-hearted and entertaining story that will appeal to anyone who likes math and sci-fi, or who just wants to have a good time reading.
If you are curious about Dalrymple’s Equation and want to know more about it, here are some of the reasons why you should read it:
Check out The Innocence of Father Brown by G.K. Chesterton Click here…
Why You Should Read Dalrymple’s Equation
- You will meet a unique and amusing character. Dalrymple is a fascinating and funny character who will keep you interested and amused throughout the story. He is a genius who can solve any problem with his equation, but he is also a rebel who defies the rules and norms of his society. He is a fugitive who is chased by his enemies, but he is also a traveler who explores new worlds and cultures. He is a trickster who uses his equation to fool and deceive others, but he is also a hero who uses it to help and save others. He is a complex and unpredictable character who will surprise you and make you laugh.
- You will enjoy a fast-paced and thrilling plot. The story is full of action, suspense, and twists that will keep you hooked and entertained. It starts with Dalrymple’s escape from his home planet, where he is accused of treason for using his equation. He then travels across the galaxy, where he faces various challenges and dangers, such as space pirates, hostile aliens, ancient ruins, and hidden traps. He also meets some allies and friends, such as a human journalist, a robot, and a princess. He uses his equation to overcome his obstacles and enemies, but he also discovers some secrets and mysteries that will change his life and the fate of the galaxy.
- You will learn something new and interesting. The story is not only fun and exciting, but also informative and educational. It introduces some concepts and topics related to mathematics, such as equations, symbols, variables, constants, functions, and logic. It also shows how mathematics can be applied to different fields and situations, such as physics, astronomy, history, and art. It also raises some questions and issues about the nature and power of mathematics, such as its origins, its limits, its ethics, and its implications. The story will stimulate your curiosity and imagination, and make you appreciate the beauty and wonder of mathematics.
Check out The lion’s share by Octave Thanet Click here…
- Who is Paul W. Fairman?
- Paul W. Fairman was a Scottish-Canadian writer and journalist who lived in London in the late 19th and early 20th centuries. He wrote several stories and novels in various genres, but he is best known for his science fiction and detective fiction, especially Dalrymple’s Equation.
- What is Dalrymple’s Equation?
- Dalrymple’s Equation is a short story by Paul W. Fairman that was published in 1956 in the magazine Imagination. It is also the name of the secret equation that the protagonist, Dalrymple, has discovered and uses to manipulate reality.
- What is the story about?
- The story is about Dalrymple, an alien mathematical genius who escapes from his home planet, where he is wanted for treason, and travels across the galaxy, where he encounters various adventures and dangers. He uses his equation to solve his problems and outsmart his foes, but he also uncovers some secrets and mysteries that will change his life and the fate of the galaxy.
- Where can I find Dalrymple’s Equation?
- You can find Dalrymple’s Equation online for free at Project Gutenberg2 or at 3. You can also buy it on Amazon3 or other online platforms.
Check out The Extraordinary Adventures of Arsène Lupin, Gentleman-Burglar Click here…
Please wait while flipbook is loading. For more related info, FAQs and issues please refer to DearFlip WordPress Flipbook Plugin Help documentation.