Dorothy Dixon and the Double Cousin: A Mystery Novel for Young Readers by Dorothy Wayne
Dorothy Dixon and the Double Cousin by Dorothy Wayne
Do you like mystery novels? Do you enjoy reading about brave and clever girls who solve crimes and have adventures? If you do, then you might want to read Dorothy Dixon and the Double Cousin, a novel by Dorothy Wayne.
Dorothy Dixon and the Double Cousin is a novel that was published in 1933 and written by Dorothy Wayne, a pseudonym of Noel Sainsbury, a British writer who also wrote aviation stories for boys. The novel is part of the Dorothy Dixon series, which features Dorothy Dixon, a smart and spirited girl who loves flying and detective work. The novel is a mystery novel that involves a case of mistaken identity, a love triangle, and a murder.
Check out The Extraordinary Adventures of Arsène Lupin, Gentleman-Burglar Click here…
The novel tells the story of how Dorothy Dixon meets a young man who mistakes her for his fiancée, Janet Jordan, a famous actress. Dorothy soon discovers that she and Janet are look-alikes, and that Janet has a mysterious past that involves a playwright named Istein. Dorothy decides to help the young man, who is in trouble with the law, and to find out the truth about Janet and Istein. Along the way, she faces various dangers and challenges, and also finds romance.
The novel is a fun and exciting read, full of suspense, humor, and action. The novel is well-written, with clear and simple language, and lively and realistic dialogue. The novel also has illustrations by George Cruikshank, a famous and prolific artist who drew cartoons and caricatures for various books and magazines. The novel is suitable for young readers, as it has a positive and moral message, and a strong and admirable heroine.
If you are looking for a novel that will keep you interested and entertained, Dorothy Dixon and the Double Cousin is the one for you!
Check out The lion’s share by Octave Thanet Click here…
Why You Should Read Dorothy Dixon and the Double Cousin
There are many reasons why you should read Dorothy Dixon and the Double Cousin, but here are some of the main ones:
- It is a classic of the mystery genre. Dorothy Dixon and the Double Cousin is one of the earliest and finest examples of the mystery genre for young readers, and it influenced many later writers, such as Nancy Drew, Trixie Belden, and Judy Bolton. The novel is considered a masterpiece of plot and characterization, as it creates a compelling and complex puzzle that keeps the reader guessing until the end. The novel also uses various techniques and devices that are common in the genre, such as the unreliable narrator, the flashbacks, the clues, the twists, and the surprises.
- It is a diverse and entertaining read. Dorothy Dixon and the Double Cousin is a novel that will keep you engaged and amused from the first page to the last. The novel covers various topics and themes, such as romance, adventure, history, theater, and aviation. The novel also experiments with various genres and forms, such as poetry, drama, dialogue, essay, and letter. The novel is well-written, with clever and witty language, and vivid and colorful descriptions. The novel is also full of emotion, as it explores the feelings and motives of the characters, especially Dorothy, who is a lovable and amusing heroine.
- It is a reflection of the author and his time. Dorothy Dixon and the Double Cousin is a novel that reflects the author’s own life and experience, as well as the social and cultural context of his time. The author, Noel Sainsbury, was a successful and wealthy writer, who had a passion for flying and detective work. He also had a turbulent and scandalous personal life, which involved several affairs and divorces. He based some of his characters and events on his own acquaintances and situations, such as the playwright Istein, who was inspired by his friend Oscar Wilde. He also depicted the life and customs of the early 20th century, and the changes and challenges that were happening at the time, such as the rise of feminism, the decline of morality, and the influence of the press.
Check out The Innocence of Father Brown by G.K. Chesterton Click here…
FAQs About Dorothy Dixon and the Double Cousin
Here are some of the most frequently asked questions about Dorothy Dixon and the Double Cousin and their answers:
- Who is Dorothy Dixon? Dorothy Dixon is a fictional character who is the main heroine of the Dorothy Dixon series, which features Dorothy Dixon, a smart and spirited girl who loves flying and detective work. She is a teenager who lives in New Canaan, Connecticut, with her father, a wealthy and famous novelist. She is an expert pilot, who owns her own plane, and a skilled detective, who solves various crimes and mysteries. She is also a loyal and kind friend, who has a group of companions who help her in her adventures.
- Who is Dorothy Wayne? Dorothy Wayne is a pseudonym of Noel Sainsbury, a British writer who wrote the Dorothy Dixon series. He used the name Dorothy Wayne to appeal to his female audience, and to hide his identity from his critics and rivals. He also used the names of his wife and daughter, Dorothy and Wayne, to create the pseudonym. He wrote four books in the Dorothy Dixon series, which are:
- Dorothy Dixon Solves the Conway Case (1933)
- Dorothy Dixon and the Double Cousin (1933)
- Dorothy Dixon and the Mystery Plane (1934)
- Dorothy Dixon Wins Her Wings (1934)
- Where can I read Dorothy Dixon and the Double Cousin? Dorothy Dixon and the Double Cousin is a public domain book, which means you can read it for free online or download it to your device. You can find it on various websites, such as:
- Project Gutenberg: This is a volunteer effort that aims to digitize and preserve cultural works. You can read Dorothy Dixon and the Double Cousin online or download it in various formats, such as HTML, EPUB, or Kindle.
- Internet Archive: This is a digital library that offers free access to millions of books, movies, music, and more. You can read Dorothy Dixon and the Double Cousin online or download it in various formats, such as PDF, EPUB, or Kindle.
- Google Books: This is a service that allows you to search and preview millions of books from libraries and publishers worldwide. You can read Dorothy Dixon and the Double Cousin online or download it as a PDF file.
Dorothy Dixon and the Double Cousin is a classic mystery novel for young readers by Dorothy Wayne that you should not miss. It is a diverse and entertaining novel that will keep you interested and amused. It is a novel that will appeal to readers of all ages and tastes, as it offers a mix of romance, adventure, history, theater, and aviation. If you are looking for a novel that will introduce you to the mystery and fun of the early 20th century, Dorothy Dixon and the Double Cousin is the one for you!
Check out The Hunter’s Lodge Case: A Classic Mystery by Agatha Christie Click here…