How to Find the Woman of Your Dreams: A Review of Arthur Somers Roche’s Classic Mystery Novel
Find the Woman by Arthur Somers Roche
Have you ever wondered what it would be like to find the woman of your dreams, only to lose her in a crowd of strangers? That’s what happens to Philip Kirkwood, the hero of Find the Woman by Arthur Somers Roche. This novel, published in 1921, is a classic example of the mystery thriller genre, with fast-paced action, suspense, and romance. It’s also a fun and easy read, with simple language and witty dialogue.
In this article, I’ll give you a brief summary of the plot, the main characters, and the themes of Find the Woman by Arthur Somers Roche. I’ll also tell you why I think this book is worth reading, and how it can inspire you to find your own true love. If you’re looking for a book that will keep you on the edge of your seat, make you laugh, and warm your heart, you’ll love Find the Woman by Arthur Somers Roche.
Arthur Somers Roche
The story begins in New York City, where Philip Kirkwood, a young and handsome lawyer, is bored with his life and his fiancée, Dorothy Duncan. He decides to take a vacation to San Francisco, where he hopes to find some excitement and adventure. On the train, he meets a beautiful and mysterious woman, who introduces herself as Clancy Deane. She tells him that she is a reporter, and that she is on a secret mission to expose a gang of criminals. She also tells him that she is in danger, and that he must not tell anyone about her.
Philip is instantly attracted to Clancy, and he decides to help her with her mission. He follows her to a hotel, where he witnesses a murder. He also learns that Clancy is not who she claims to be, and that she is actually the daughter of a millionaire, who has been kidnapped by the gang. Philip and Clancy manage to escape from the hotel, and they embark on a wild chase across the country, pursued by the police, the gang, and Dorothy. Along the way, they encounter many obstacles, such as car crashes, explosions, disguises, and betrayals. They also fall in love, and they vow to stay together, no matter what.
The climax of the story takes place in a remote cabin in the woods, where Philip and Clancy are cornered by the gang. They manage to fight them off, with the help of a friendly dog and a mysterious ally. They also discover the truth behind the kidnapping, and the identity of the mastermind behind the plot. They finally escape from the cabin, and they reunite with Clancy’s father, who is grateful to Philip for saving his daughter. Philip and Clancy get married, and they live happily ever after.
Check out The Tyranny of the Dark by Hamlin Garland Click here...
- Philip Kirkwood: The protagonist of the story, a young and handsome lawyer who falls in love with Clancy and helps her escape from the gang. He is brave, loyal, and witty, but also naive and impulsive. He is dissatisfied with his life and his fiancée, and he is looking for something more exciting and meaningful.
- Clancy Deane: The heroine of the story, a beautiful and mysterious woman who is kidnapped by the gang and pretends to be a reporter. She is smart, adventurous, and charming, but also secretive and reckless. She is the daughter of a millionaire, but she is unhappy with her father’s control and her arranged marriage. She is looking for freedom and love.
- Dorothy Duncan: Philip’s fiancée, a rich and spoiled socialite who is obsessed with Philip and jealous of Clancy. She is selfish, vain, and manipulative, but also loyal and determined. She follows Philip across the country, trying to win him back and expose Clancy.
- The Gang: A group of criminals who kidnap Clancy and try to extort money from her father. They are led by a mysterious man, who has a personal connection to Clancy and her father. They are ruthless, cunning, and violent, but also clumsy and comical.
Check out The Boys of 1812 and Other Naval HeroesClick here...
- Mystery: The novel is full of mystery, as Philip and Clancy try to figure out who is behind the kidnapping, and why. They also try to uncover the secrets of each other’s past and identity. The novel keeps the reader guessing until the end, with twists and turns, clues and red herrings, and surprises and revelations.
- Romance: The novel is also full of romance, as Philip and Clancy fall in love with each other, despite the danger and the obstacles. They also face the challenge of choosing between their love and their duty, as they have to deal with their families and their society. The novel shows the power of love, and how it can overcome any difficulty and change any person.
- Adventure: The novel is also full of adventure, as Philip and Clancy travel across the country, escaping from the gang and the police. They also experience many thrilling and humorous situations, such as car chases, explosions, disguises, and fights. The novel shows the fun and excitement of living on the edge, and how it can make life more meaningful and enjoyable.
Check out The Secret of Kralitz by Henry Kuttner Click here...
Why You Should Read It
You should read Find the Woman by Arthur Somers Roche because it is a classic novel that has everything you need for a good read: mystery, romance, and adventure. It is also a simple and easy read, with simple language and witty dialogue. It is also a fun and entertaining read, with humor and action. It is also a inspiring and heartwarming read, with love and courage.
If you love mystery, romance, and adventure, you’ll love Find the Woman by Arthur Somers Roche. It will keep you on the edge of your seat, make you laugh, and warm your heart. It will also inspire you to find your own true love, and to live your own exciting and meaningful life.
- Q: When and where was Find the Woman by Arthur Somers Roche published?
- A: Find the Woman by Arthur Somers Roche was published in 1921, in New York, by Cosmopolitan Book Corporation.
- Q: Who was Arthur Somers Roche?
- A: Arthur Somers Roche was an American author of novels, short stories, and two plays. He was born in 1883, in Massachusetts, and he died in 1935, in Florida. He wrote around 30 books, mostly of the mystery thriller genre.
- Q: Is Find the Woman by Arthur Somers Roche based on a true story?
- A: No, Find the Woman by Arthur Somers Roche is not based on a true story. It is a fictional story, created by the author’s imagination.
- Q: Is Find the Woman by Arthur Somers Roche available online?
- A: Yes, Find the Woman by Arthur Somers Roche is available online, for free, on Project Gutenberg2. You can also find it on OverDrive, if you have a library card.
Check out The Evil Guest by Joseph Sheridan Le Fanu Click here...
Find the Woman by Arthur Somers Roche is a classic mystery thriller novel that tells the story of a young man who falls in love with a mysterious woman and gets involved in a thrilling plot. It is a simple, fun, and inspiring read, that will appeal to anyone who loves mystery, romance, and adventure. If you’re looking for a book that will keep you on the edge of your seat, make you laugh, and warm your heart, you’ll love Find the Woman by Arthur Somers Roche.
Please wait while flipbook is loading. For more related info, FAQs and issues please refer to DearFlip WordPress Flipbook Plugin Help documentation.